[CQ-Contest] What's your Opinion on 2BSIQ ?

ku8e ku8e at ku8e.com
Fri Jun 5 10:25:01 EDT 2020

Tor/Steve,I'm surprised you guys say you have only one decent band to run on in a domestic contest. From where I am in Georgia the skip zone is pretty good during the day on 20 meters to populated areas. Occasionally 15 and 10 meters open pretty good to those same areas so it's pretty easy to run two bands. If 15/10 aren't open I'm still close enough to some populated areas like the mid-Atlantic,  Florida and W8/W9 to work lots of stations on 40 when running on 20 meters. At night when 40 meters gets long I can still work the east coast and W8/9/0 pretty good. I'm also close enough to populated areas that 80 meters is good. I would think MS and MN wouldn't be much different. The only frustration I have especially in the CWT, NS and CW Sprint is those who have beams on the east coast usually have them pointed west and I'm off the side so I usually lose those jump balls to someone to the west.JeffSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: "steve.root via CQ-Contest" <cq-contest at contesting.com> Date: 6/5/20  9:31 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: RT Clay <rt_clay at bellsouth.net>, cq-contest at contesting.com Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] What's your Opinion on 2BSIQ ? > Overall I think 2BSIQ amplifies the score difference between good and poor locations. It can increase the scores of favored locations quite a bit, but it can't be used effectively much of the time if you are not in a favored location. It's the same in domestic contests- if you are in the center of the country and can only run effectively on one band due to the skip zone, 2BSIQ isn't going to help much.> > Tor N4OGWExactly.  I find SO2R of limited usefulness because most of the time there's only one "good" band open.73 Steve K0SR_______________________________________________CQ-Contest mailing listCQ-Contest at contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/cq-contest