[CQ-Contest] Logging quirks with WSJT-X

Bill Frede w7ii at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 16 10:25:27 EDT 2020

I experienced the same problem with the N1MM interface that you did.  After losing 3 QSOs in the heat of battle I figured out how to get information entered correctly.  The form that pops up requesting a correction from you needs the other station's grid entered in TWO places.  I don't remember the layout of that form exactly but there is one entry box near the top center and another one in the lower right.
I don't know if that form is generated by WSJT-X or N1MM.
73
Bill  W7ii

I used N1MM+ with the special version of WSJT-x and it behaved mostly OK, but I did notice one problem. If I was called by a station or there was a belated reply where his grid square didn't populate in the WSJT program, N1MM wouldn't let me log it. I had to write these down on paper,  and add them manually to the exported file. I let N1MM+ generate the Cabrillo file and added the missing Qs there.

I don't think the integration is seamless, and message sequencing needs to be improved a bit but on the whole it was a mostly-painless event with N1MM+ and WSJT. What I do wish is that FT4 was more widely accepted. That is far better suited to contesting than FT8.

GO FRC!
Peter, W2IRT

www.facebook.com/W2IRT