[CQ-Contest] Is Field Day a contest?

Richard F DDonna NN3W richnn3w at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 16:02:12 EDT 2020

Usually posts like these are made in the middle of January when there is
nothing to do.....but, I'll play.

There is no log checking in Field Day
Stations do not submit a log in Field Day
Certain stations are typically excluded from working other stations in
Field Day
There are no penalties in Field Day.  The world "penalty" does not appear
in the Field Day rules.

With no adjudication and with limitations on who can work who, this does
not play out as a normal contest does.

Just so you know, the ARRL "simulated emergency test" gives points and
ranks stations by score.  I wouldn't consider that a contest either...

73 and, really, have fun this weekend.

Rich NN3W