[CQ-Contest] QSO B4

Edward Sawyer EdwardS at sbelectronics.com
Mon Mar 2 10:56:22 EST 2020

Ken, I agree with you for conventional contesting.  But the FT4/FT8 protocol needs a confirmation of acceptance programmatically AND the QSO time is not short and snappy like CW or SSB.  So I am not certain that approach is the best here.

I will let the digi folks sort that out.

Sure sounds like a lot of stuff still to work out to make this mode "contest friendly".  Its DX prowess for weak signals is clearly where its shining for those inclined.

Ed  N1UR