[CQ-Contest] Elecraft KPA 1500 vs.OM 2000A

Jeff Clarke ku8e at ku8e.com
Tue Mar 3 20:14:21 EST 2020

Bill,

You might consider an OM2000A+ . This is an automatic no tune amplifier.
https://www.om-power.com/products/om2000aplus

I looked on the OM Power web page and I don't see that they sell
OM2000A's. The one they have listed is the OM2000A+ . Several guys in a
past post mentioned this was a manually tuned amplifier which it's not.

The guys that own BeLoud.us use this amp at their remote stations. I
think it's pretty reliable. There is also software available to control
it remotely over the internet if you ever decided you wanted to do that
at your station in V31.

Dave (G3WGN), Curious why you would need a KPA1500? I thought the power
limit in the UK is 400 watts? Maybe I'm missing something?

Jeff KU8E