[CQ-Contest] Elecraft KPA 1500 vs.OM 2000A

Dan w8car at buckeye-express.com
Thu Mar 5 10:50:54 EST 2020

I agree with Jim's comment. My KPA 1500 does not fold back until I reach
close to 3 to 1. I rarely use the tuner and my CC 2L 40 will cover the whole
band without using a tuner. I would imagine that certain combinations of
impedance and reactance might have an effect on the fold back. The other
elephant in the room is SWR being read on meters is not always what it
seems. My Daiwa, KPA 1500 and K3 (running bare foot so not into amp input)
can all have different SWR readings on the same frequency.

Dan W8CAR