[CQ-Contest] Elecraft KPA 1500 vs.OM 2000A vs. PGXL

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 11:35:01 EDT 2020

I will also put in a plug for the PGXL.

I used a PGXL for the first time while guest operating in CQWW CW. This was
probably the most demanding application possible. I had never operated at the
station before. The station host was 7000 miles away. I used SO2R and 2BSIQ,
with 200 msec switching times for band changes. The duty cycle was very high.
The antenna SWR was highly variable, depending on band and antenna
configuration. 4200 QSO's. Absolutely no amplifier issues.

73,
Steve, N2IC