[CQ-Contest] Fw: Contest within a contest

Denis Pochuev K7GK k7gk at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 18 12:57:59 EDT 2020

[KQ2M]>There will always be inequities in contest scoring and distance scoring is one way of addressing them, but I think that points scoring based on auroral path characteristics combined with distance might potentially be the fairest of all.

Yes, I certainly agree with this. Auroral path characteristics should be an essential part of any scoring scheme, which attempts to address lack of fairness of the current system. The only feasible approach to this interesting challenge that I see so far is using statistical data, perhaps from the open logs, to characterize prevalence of contacts between different areas. The number of contacts between areas divided by their contesting populations might serve as a proxy for the difficulty of the contact.

Denis - K7GK