[CQ-Contest] Russian Beats Out Canada for Magnetic North ... For Now

ktfrog007 at aol.com ktfrog007 at aol.com
Thu May 7 08:07:35 EDT 2020

Another question:  Has the magnetic polar drift affected propagation over the decades?
I don't have any data except my own unreliable memory and old logs, but my feeling is that back in the 1960-1990 time frame long haul DX propagation was better than now, at least for my operations from Indiana, Colorado and Massachusetts.

It's interesting that the magnetic pole moved less in that time frame and then rapidly accelerated up to the present.

It seems  to me that DXing was better back then, but it's difficult to separate that from the declining sunspot cycles and the changes in ham demographics.

73,
Ken, AB1J