[CQ-Contest] CWTs This Wednesday are Slow Speed to Welcome new CWA Graduates

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Tue Nov 10 17:10:34 EST 2020

I think that means 20 WPM or less.  See message below.  73, John.

Remember that this Wednesday (and Thursday, technically) is the day we
welcome our CW Academy graduates by slowing down to help them get used
to the CWTs: https://cwops.org/cwops-tests/
<https://cwops.org/cwops-tests/>.

There has been a lot of discussion about the exchange that students and
advisors should use.  According to the above Web page, advisors should
use "JOE CWA1821", as an example.  One issue with that is not all of our
advisors are CWops members so they could not include a member number in
there.  Another suggestion was to use "CWAA" for advisors.  I would
prefer the latter as it is would be nice to be able to identify students
or former students separate from advisors.

We are still getting all of the reports back from advisors on the just
completed semester and it was a busy and productive semester.  We are
getting a lot positive feedback and I think many students feel like the
class they took helped them a lot.  We also get a lot of comments from
students that becoming a CWops member is a big motivation.

Please keep in mind that working with a person who you do not recognize
and who might be sending "CWA" in their exchange can be a very exciting
thing for them.  Us advisors are very happy and pleased to hear how
excited such students are when somebody takes the time and effort to
work them.

Thanks and have fun!
--
GL es 73 de Joe AA8TA