[CQ-Contest] Rule Changes for the CQ WW WPX SSB and CW Contests

ktfrog007 at aol.com ktfrog007 at aol.com
Tue Nov 17 11:11:13 EST 2020

Hi,

In the WPX, especially, the top scoring stations (big signals, best ops, best location) get most of their score by running.

I recently had a discussion with a top Unassisted WPX station concerning contest rules and design.  Afterwards I downloaded and examined his most recent log (2020 WPX-CW), loading it into Excel to sort and sift.  He had just over 2600 QSOs.   99.25% were running and 0.75% S&P.   This was based on looking for frequencies where he had only one QSO, as opposed to his run frequencies where he'd always had many.

Someone needs to explain to me the difference between Assisted and Unassisted for these stations.

73,
Ken, AB1J