[CQ-Contest] Yamaha CM500 headphones flaking apart

Mike Smith VE9AA ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Tue Nov 17 13:50:43 EST 2020

It's too late now..I've just pulled the Amazon trigger on some replacement
earpads which I *hope* will fit, but what have you all done to remedy what
is apparently a cheap vinyl faux-leather & foam that flakes apart after just
a few short years (6) of ownership?

I don't really want to buy another pair of new CM500's (Now
$87+tax+shipping) next time the earpads go bad.

Are you using material covers?  Buying velour? Cheap Koss UR40 replacement
pads? or something else?

I love these things..lightweight..good transmit audio...good earphone sound
and perhaps best of all, don't seem to "squoosh my head" during a long
contest.

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB