[CQ-Contest] Rule Changes for the CQ WW WPX SSB and CW Contests in 2021

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Nov 17 13:55:36 EST 2020

On 11/17/2020 5:07 AM, Marty Sullaway wrote:
> You can operate 36 hours. Only the first 24 hours will be applied to your
> overlay score.

WHY? What's the fun of competing when it doesn't count?

I strongly agree with Hal's comments.

Also, W6JTI is one of the best CW operators I know. He competes QRP
Unassisted from the mountaintop station he built in the middle of
nowhere, with no internet, and regularly turns in scores in the top ten.
He also goes for the maximum permitted operating hours.

WPX may be a secondary contest for those on the east coast, but it's a
big deal out here on the west coast because it's one of the few big
contests where we can be competitive. Please stop trying to screw it up
for us!

73, Jim K9YC