[CQ-Contest] Yamaha CM500 headphones flaking apart

MARK BAILEY kd4d at comcast.net
Wed Nov 18 11:16:07 EST 2020

Hi Everyone

Note that these headphones have a built-in rechargeable battery.  They do not work while charging and charging takes up to two hours (according to the manual).

The manual says they work up to 20 hours wirelessly and up to 40 hours wired on a full charge.  You might need two and to remember to change them before a contest.

My experience with a similar headset is that it would not work for a 36-hour contest.  I prefer the QC-15 (replaceable batteries) and an AntLion MIC, but the QC-15 isn't readily available any more.

73,

Mark, KD4D