[CQ-Contest] Released Rules for CQ WW WPX SSB / CW

gm3woj at christran.net gm3woj at christran.net
Fri Nov 20 06:56:43 EST 2020

Hello all

I was disappointed to read about these impending Rule changes.   Was this a collective decision made by the Contest Director, and/or Committee, following consultation with entrants?

I don’t participate seriously in WPX CW or SSB  - I use our club callsigns GS2MP or GM7V usually to provide a rare mult.  I am old enough to remember when my GM3 call was a wanted prefix – it probably is rare again now, hi.

I’ve seen very few postings supporting these rule changes – they seem to me just another ‘nail in the coffin’ of Unassisted contesting, arguably the most skillful aspect of HF contesting.  I sincerely hope CQ WW do not follow this example....

73     Chris   GM3WOJ