[CQ-Contest] Released Rules for CQ WW WPX SSB / CW

Richard Smith n6kt1 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 20 19:25:11 EST 2020

 Hi Martin,
I accept your comments about my email.
You make some good points.
73, Rich, N6KT
    On Friday, November 20, 2020, 01:36:01 AM PST, Martin, LU5DX <lu5dx at lucg.com.ar> wrote:

 Hi Rich,
With all due respect, I truly believe Bud doesn't deserve a single bit to
be treated like in your email below.
So sad somebody had the great idea of creating something like  "World and
Continental Records " for CQ WPX Contests and the same plus "CQ Zone
Records" for CQ WW DX.
That simply doesn't exist.
Probably only at an ITU zone level "Records" would make a bit more sense.
Not in large countries like the USA though.
Total nonsense.
It would be better to re-calculate records at a Maidenhead Grid Locator
level and get completely rid of top boxes in the results.
I fully support Bud's decision, which I think represents a attempt to make
a better hobby in the long term out of something that in its "highly
competitive" aspect is pretty rotten.

73,

Martín, LU5DX