[CQ-Contest] Prosign for Please Copy

James Cain jamesdavidcain at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 17:44:58 EST 2020

Just to be very clear, I am the one who started this silliness with this
posting:

---

I can see it now! In CW contests we will be required to begin every
exchange with "Please copy" (sent in Morse, of course). This will "align"
CW contests with phone contests. Just one more step in the search for the
lowest common denominator. Darwin was right but that's just science.

cain K1TN

A couple of years ago I proposed doing away with 599. I now once again
propose it. Instead of sending "599 FL"  why not send "FL FL" twice? The
first FL is the prosign. After all, nobody cares about 599. It's the
state/province that matters. Am I the only operator who hears "599"
clearly, then the propagation fades and the location along with it?

cain K1TN