[CQ-Contest] ARRL 160 Meter Contest

Mark - N5OT r-emails at n5ot.com
Mon Nov 30 07:28:10 EST 2020

Good morning.

Well THAT (CQWWCW) was a total blast!  Nice to work so many buds. Excellent.

Say, next weekend is the ARRL 160 Meter Contest.  I will be writing the
QST article on it after the smoke settles.  Learning from the experience
of doing this twice before, I would like to ask you in advance to pay
attention to things that might be interesting QST result article
fodder.  Make notes and take pictures and all that.

Then, be in touch.

Any good burning rivalries where we can fan the flames in advance with a
little well-placed trash talk?

I'll start:

"I'm thinking those chicken wire* radials are getting a little rusty
about now.  Should we take up a collection?"

"I was talking to one club about ARRL 160.  They said, 'we let the other
club have that one because we put our effort into the important ones.' "

"I understand his station was taken out by a tornado.  All they could
find was the 12 inch cooling duct from the top of his final."

That should do it.

73 - Mark N5OT

* Technical term for 'poultry fabric'.