[CQ-Contest] Alpha 87A repair

Bill Parry bparry at rgv.rr.com
Fri Oct 23 16:37:14 EDT 2020

I had problem with my Alpha 87A and decided that I would look around for someone other than Alpha to fix it. The last time I had it repaired at Alpha and they did a good job but it took MONTHS!!! I felt that surely there must be some one that could  repair it that would be quicker than that. I called Jay since they had something on the Array Solutions website about working on Alphas.  After talking Jay said they didn't want to work on 87As anymore because the parts were too hard to find. I continued to search for someone and found Brad, K0HM:

https://www.k0hm.net/

I called and he sounds like a good guy so I am going to try him out.  I'll let youall know about my experience.

Bill W5VX