[CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Contest Multioperator Station Guidelines

Chris Plumblee chris.plumblee at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 22:14:37 EDT 2020

Perhaps it isn't too late for ARRL to clarify this rule and remove some of
its more unforseen effects. If they stated that the distributed multi-ops
were only viable from outside the USA and Canada, that would obviate some
of the legal questions related to operating from multiple states but
sending a single incorrect state for some of the participants.

73,
Chris W4WF

On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 7:58 PM Hans Brakob <kzerohb at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I read the guideline (is a guideline a rule?) correctly, a multi-op
> group MAY, but isn’t REQUIRED to, operate in a “distributed” fashion.
>
> I share the puzzlement of why this was driven by off-shore players,
> without a whisper on W/VE-centric channels or contest clubs.
>
> 73, de Hans, KØHB
> “Just a Boy and his Radio”™

Chris Plumblee
407.494.5155