[CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Contest Multioperator Station Guidelines

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Oct 27 16:26:59 EDT 2020

On 10/25/2020 7:23 PM, rjairam at gmail.com wrote:
> By allowing them to stay at home and use the same call, but follow ALL
> (every single one) of the existing M/M rules, they can still play.

This defies logic! Operators who have stations can "play" at home using
their own calls, which gives other contesters more stations to work. I
see that as a big plus! What am I missing? It's not the CALL of the
contest station, it's the station, including it's antenna system, and
its operators, that make it competitive.

I've operated at N6RO as part of M/M teams and as part of dozens of FD
and county expedition teams for CQP and 7QP. The fun of doing so is the
in-person camaraderie, learning from others, and, in the case of the
expeditions, setting up and tearing down the stations, NONE of which
happens under this rule change.

The N6RO team has spent the last six months reconfigured itself to
operate M/M remotely. More of the true spirit of ham radio,
station-building and learning new stuff to meet new challenges. FAR
better than driving several hundred miles to box-top operate a station
that someone else built!

73, Jim K9YC