[CQ-Contest] W3LPL and K3LR in CQWW 2020

Jeff Clarke ku8e at ku8e.com
Mon Sep 14 15:49:35 EDT 2020

John,

I know for Bonaire they won't let anyone in who holds a US passport in
PERIOD. For an American It would be a waste of time to go to either the
Netherlands or Aruba for two weeks beforehand to quarantine. Yesterday
they had their first COVID-19 death in Bonaire.
https://bes-reporter.com/index.php/2020/09/12/first-death-covid-19-positive-doctor-in-bonaire/
Knowing how cautious they are down there they will probably tighten up
the rules even more they what they're doing now.

I know they have remote capability at PJ2T. I think the rules for remote
operation in Curacao are stricter than they are in Bonaire because they
have to have someone physically on-site at the station. This isn't
required when someone operates PJ4A remotely. I guess if they had one of
the locals hams go over to the station they could probably have someone
do a single-operator or a one radio multi-single.

Jeff