[CQ-Contest] Best CW contest rig

Dan w8car at buckeye-express.com
Tue Sep 15 13:50:03 EDT 2020

John, I have a 1000MP (since 1993)and still use it as my second radio in
SO2R. I have an Elecraft K3 with all the new boards and whistles and that
does me just fine. But, if you are looking for top shelf---
At Tom, K8AZs, super station he has Icom 7851s. When I first sat down at
his 7851s I fell in love and even though my K3 still kicks butt the 7851
goes to another level.
It has superb audio, selectivity and more bells and whistles than any other
radio. I can sit in front of that radio for hours with little to no fatigue.

So, My vote goes to the IC 7851 with the K3 a close second and the MP as
still no slouch.

Dan W8CAR