[CQ-Contest] CQWW RTTY this weekend - Practice sessions and more!

Chris Tate - N6WM ctate at ewnetinc.com
Mon Sep 21 19:55:10 EDT 2020

Greetings World Wide RTTY Contesters!

Its almost here! The CQ World Wide DX Contest season opens this weekend with the RTTY mode.

The contest period runs
September 26-27 2020 0000-2359

**Practice sessions**

The following practice sessions provide an opportunity to check out equipment, software, operator, etc.:

Thursday, 24 September, 2000-2100z (Thursday evening, EU time) Friday, 25 September, 0300-0400z (Thursday evening, NA time)

Use whichever bands work for you at each time slot.  Use regular contest messages and be prepared to have someone alert you that the contest starts a day later.  Some people program a message memory with "PRACTICE FOR CQ WW"

or similar.

Also.. I wanted to highlight a significant change to the Japanese band plan, with particular attention to expanded RTTY privileges on 80m.

This is detailed in the band plan at this location

https://www.jarl.org/English/6_Band_Plan/JapaneseAmateurBandplans20200421.pdf

So lets get our rtty stations shaken out in practice, and we look forward to getting you all in the log this weekend!

Ed W0YK
Rich N1IXF
Chris N6WM