[CQ-Contest] Doctor DX clone?

Richard F DiDonna NN3W richnn3w at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 08:00:57 EDT 2020

Oh yes, I've spent many hours on flights with Morse Runner.  Morse Runner
is a great pileup trainer.  But, Dr. DX did at several things that Morse
Runner didn't do:

#1 Dr DX allowed you to change bands - simulating different condition
periods (you're not going to be working much DX from W3 at noon on 160).
#2 Similar to point #1, Dr. DX allowed you to actually tune the band -
honing your S&P technique
#3 Dr DX allowed you to change your power levels which affects your ability
to S&P versus run
#4 Dr DX allowed for actual paddle inputs via a RCA jack in the rear of the
hardware cartridge
#5 I -think- Doctor DX tended to simulate operator preferences like you
find in CQWW (slower hams as you get higher in the band, speed demons down
low).

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy Alex's program (except the LIDS).  The
background noise and thunder static sounds spot on, but the mystique of the
AEA program was the encapsulation of band changes, Videos, and the like.

73 Rich NN3W