[CQ-Contest] Doctor DX clone?

Jim McDonald jim at n7us.net
Wed Sep 30 16:14:10 EDT 2020

I saw a prototype of it, before it was commercialized, at the ARRL Southwestern Division Convention in Scottsdale, AZ in about 1982, I think.  The developer was an N7 1X2.  It was in a box that simulated a radio and had a short length of coax that appeared to run out a window but didn't.

I think visiting ARRL dignitaries who played with it included K1ZZ and W2HD.  It was popular and fun for everyone, as they were scratching their heads trying to figure out what contest was on.

Jim N7US