[CQ-Contest] Please Explain This...

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Sun Apr 18 18:42:30 EDT 2021

> On Apr 18, 2021, at 5:10 PM, Peter Chamalian <w1rm at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> So, here's my question.  If your call doesn't have AW in it and you are
> calling someone who replies AW, why do you keep calling?  It makes
> absolutely no sense.  Even if I were P5RM, let me work the guy I want so I
> can quickly move on to the next rather than slowing me down by calling like
> that.
>
> Pete Chamalian, W1RM
>
> W1rm at comcast.net

AMEN!

I’m afraid this question has no rational answer. But I find this happens frequency. I experienced it several times during the recent Georgia QSO Party. Very frustrating.

And often, you hear three or more callers, and by the time you get it sorted and actually work one, two of the callers have disappeared….

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
Web: http://boringhamradiopart.blogspot.com
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901