[CQ-Contest] Please Explain This...

Randy Thompson k5zd at outlook.com
Mon Apr 19 16:47:19 EDT 2021

Yes, this can be annoying. Especially when there are two or more callers about the same frequency and signal strength.

These days, it seems there are many people working CW who don't really copy it that well.  They chase cluster spots and they kind of recognize their call. I am not complaining - we need more CW activity in contests!

The goal of a contest is to work as many people as quickly as possible.  Sometimes that means working one of the other callers if you can get their whole call (doesn't hurt it they are louder, faster). Rather than try to teach someone a lesson in patience (a lesson they may not realize you are teaching), you just have to do the best you can to get some call and keep moving.

Randy K5ZD