[CQ-Contest] Spacing note for RBN users

Mike Smith VE9AA ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Thu Apr 22 18:26:13 EDT 2021

TJ3A

- .--- 3A

YT3A

-.-- - 3A

Very slight spacing change.(assuming formatting holds across this list, it's
literally one letter space difference.)

".In other words, it could be deliberate.

73,Ken, AB1J

."

Maybe/Maybe not Ken.

By that logic, I should be sending VE8AA or VE0AA.

Sure, I might increase "business", but how many NIL's will I have to endure
due to an overwhelming

amount of mouse clickers who either won't LISTEN or can't listen (ie: don't
know code by ear).

Seems like quite a risk at the expense of excessive dupes. If I was assisted
I certainly wouldn't work him if I had believed it

was a TJ3..I'd go onto the next (real) mult or Q.yes, maybe I am not in the
majority.

There was one contest (ARRL DX I think?) where I had 8 or 9 dupes right in a
row, even though

at average rates I am one of those guys who tends to send my call after
every Q. (big pileup, maybe every 3-4 Q;s)

I got so frustrated I sent my call 3 or 4 times right in a row and yup, you
guessed it.the very next Q was a dupe.

Ten was my magic number.I QSY'd elsewhere.

A strategy to be sure.  The best one?  Not one I'll soon employ.

Mike VE8..errrr, VE9AA

It occurred to me one day that jiggering the spacing to have YT3 decoded

occasionally as TJ3 might be a nice strategy to attract folks to the YT3

station.  They go for the TJ3, but it's not there so might as well work the
YT3.

In other words, it could be deliberate.

73,Ken, AB1J

Mike VE9AA