[CQ-Contest] NAQP CW - Rules Changes Needed

ku8e ku8e at ku8e.com
Tue Aug 10 21:13:03 EDT 2021

CWT isn't even a real contest because they don't check logs. Someone could post a bogus score to 3830 and no one would even know. No one would even care anyway. JeffSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Edward Sawyer <EdwardS at advanced-conversion.com> Date: 8/10/21  8:18 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr at gmail.com>, reflector cq-contest <CQ-Contest at Contesting.COM> Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP CW - Rules Changes Needed Hi Pete.  No offense but CWT is not a major contest.  And if many more people are CQing than S & Ping then your point & click rate are of course going to be high.  Try doing that in CQWW with an HOA dipole hidden in the trees and I think you will understand what I mean.Assisted helps find mults for sure.  And it can give you nice bursts of rate.  But with limited power or antennas, over the whole contest, its more an act of frustration than benefit in my opinion.As a supplement to running in SO2R, or with a major station where you are going to be first or second call in the pile for every station, that’s a horse of a different color.Ed  N1URFrom: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr at gmail.com>Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 5:10 PMTo: Edward Sawyer <EdwardS at advanced-conversion.com>; reflector cq-contest <CQ-Contest at Contesting.COM>Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP CW - Rules Changes NeededEd, I have to quibble with your last paragraph.  If you use the Available Mults & Qs window in N1MM+, and set it to show the newest spots at the top, then you can click there and almost always find someone in the first 2 or three who has not been answered yet.  I've routinely seen last-10 S&P rates of over 210/hr this way, and my best all-S&P CWT is over 120 Qs in an hour.73, Pete N4ZRCheck out the new Reverse Beacon Networkweb server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net><http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.For spots, please use your favorite"retail" DX cluster.On 8/10/2021 1:31 PM, Edward Sawyer wrote:I almost never enter NAQP officially because I don't typically have the time when it comes around to get serious.  Yet Vermont is a desired mult.  So I typically fire up the amp and just run for an hour or two as I did last weekend (about 80 mins).  Just to give out the mult.Doesn't matter to me what the rules are.  I am just handing out mults.If people like assisted, nothing prevents them from doing the same.And as someone who ran 10 years low power, I can tell you that assisted provides ZERO help in S & P.  It does however help you "get found" with the skimmer.  But you don't have to enter assisted to get that benefit.Ed  N1UR_______________________________________________CQ-Contest mailing listCQ-Contest at contesting.com<mailto:CQ-Contest at contesting.com>http://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/cq-contest_______________________________________________CQ-Contest mailing listCQ-Contest at contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/cq-contest