[CQ-Contest] Past Prediction of the Future of Contesting.

donovanf at erols.com donovanf at erols.com
Fri Aug 20 00:59:06 EDT 2021

Thanks for sharing this Pete.

Many of the forecasts proved to be accurate, but as often happens
with forecasts , two of the most revolutionary changes that have
greatly impacted contesting were totally unanticipated:

- CW Skimmer and its associated Reverse Beacon Network, and
- Explosive growth in the use of digital error correcting protocols, especially FT8

"It’s tough to make predictions, especially about the future" – Yogi Berra

73
Frank
W3LPL