[CQ-Contest] Past Prediction of the Future of Contesting.

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Aug 22 18:25:05 EDT 2021

In the Santa Cruz mountains, where I live, AT&T won't repair their wired
lines AND won't run fiber at their expense to serve existing customers
in sparsely populated communities. And last I heard, they won't
reactivate existing lines to serve a new customer at the same address.
What's worse is that we have NO cell coverage from any vendor, and
Comcast has only about six hours of backup when PG&E drops, and their
drops can last 3-4 days.

I'm hoping that a Starlink box can get enough of a view through the
clearing for our house in the dense redwood forest where we live for the
system to be a backup for Comcast.

73, Jim K9YC