[CQ-Contest] Voice RBN

w1rm at comcast.net w1rm at comcast.net
Mon Aug 23 22:13:03 EDT 2021

The opt out I mentioned is based one way the particular node connected to handles serving RBN spots.  I know there are some distribution nodes that offer the ability to accept or not accept RBN spots.

I can only imagine the fun coders will have in deciphering mush mouth phone ops.  Often I have trouble reading the guy's call.  Now if all you want to have is a marker that there is some station on a particular frequency, fine.  But the accuracy of the call needs to be seriously questioned until the receiving op can copy it for themselves.  CW is much easier to deal with and even there we get busted calls because the guy on the other end of the key is not sending well, runs letters together, etc.

I just think coding a voice recognition system for RBN is a real challenge.

Pete Chamalian, W1RM
W1rm at comcast.net