[CQ-Contest] Past Prediction of the Future of Contesting.

David Hachadorian k6ll.dave at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 12:54:44 EDT 2021

I liken the RBN to a broker between buyers and sellers.  The broker
finds buyers (S&P'ers) for the sellers (CQ'ers).  The efficiency of the
market is drastically improved for both.  CQ'ers are happy because
people are answering their CQ's, and they get a chance to be on the
receiving end of a pileup, which is the ultimate excitement of CQ'ing.
S&P'ers are spared the soul-killing tedium of tuning across a band
filled with dupes. Think of Sunday afternoon in CW Sweepstakes for example.

Yes, there are some drawbacks, such as rare DX being inundated by
callers, but even they have some slow times, and can benefit from being
spotted on less-frequented bands.

When you've got the RBN tuned for zero errors, such as every CC-Cluster
does, it's a beautiful thing.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL