[CQ-Contest] earbuds?

K9MA k9ma at sdellington.us
Mon Aug 30 15:29:33 EDT 2021

I recently bought a highly rated over-the-ear noise cancelling headset.
(Anker Q20.) Compared to earlier NC headsets, the noise reduction is
much improved. However, they are wireless and the latency is far to
great for CW operation, and probably for phone as well. I'm not sure how
much of the latency is due to bluetooth and how much to processing
delay, but I would beware of any modern NC headset, even wired, until
tested for latency. The old analog NC headsets have no latency issues
but, alas, they're also not very good at cancelling noise.

The Q20, however, is excellent for listening to music.

73,
Scott K9MA