[CQ-Contest] Delayed Callers

kq2m at kq2m.com kq2m at kq2m.com
Thu Dec 2 16:37:03 EST 2021

Love it!  Fred that's a great description of my reasoning as well and
EXACTLY what I do.

When someone calls and I give them a report and they don't respond once,
twice, I have already lost callers in my pileup and valuable qso's that
I could have made.  And then when that loud station calls again, they
are qrming the rest of the pileup AGAIN and I lose more callers because
they have called yet again and still did not work me and they get
frustrated and qsy.

It's one thing if the 2 radio op got confused and made a mistake.  I
certainly have made my share of mistakes; BUT, I NEVER called a DX
station on THEIR freq. and then made them wait for me while I worked
someone on another band.  That's exceptionally rude operating.

In my experience this problem seems limited to the Multi ops.  The SO2R
guys, even if they are new at SO2R, seem to do a MUCH better job of
responding quickly.

73

Bob, KQ2M