[CQ-Contest] Spoofed Spots

John Dorr cqk1ar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 12:17:58 EST 2021

Pete et al,

We have continued to pursue this but have not closed on a specific individual. While the identified IP is in Italy, the actual end-user has proven to be well hidden behind a VPN or other ID-defeating technology.

As previously stated, we continue to work this issue. In addition to attempts to further
ID this person, we have successfully segregated spots in a way that clearly differentiates between self-spots and those created by the “spoofer.”

Lastly, we have been working with resources outside of the WW committee and remain very open to new information from anyone.

There are some very speculative ideas on a specific person, but I’m not going to comment on that at this point until we have definitive proof.

My thanks to the contest community for their understanding and desire to support us.

73, John, K1AR
CQWW Contest Director

 Sent from my iPhone