[CQ-Contest] Manual spotting

Kevan Nason knason00 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 10:46:37 EST 2021

Besides skimmer being off, how people solicit calls prevents them from
showing up on spots  from skimmers too. Spot use is integral to my LP
Little Pistol S&P operations. Yet turning the knob is part of my strategy
too because virtually EVERY time I stop using spots and spin the dial I
come across someone not spotted by the skimmers. People just using their
call without CQ or Test. People running non-stop and throwing their q in
every three or four times -- or the all too common never giving it at all
until people start yelling about it. People who say AB4XYZ TEST once and
then waiting 15 seconds without an answer before repeating it again. Those
are some of the things I remember off the top of my head. Things like that
happen a lot. As I said, I run across a non-spotted call almost every time
I spin the VFO. That's my reason for repeatedly saying to be competitive as
an Assisted Little Pistol you not only need to work spots, you also need to
spin the knob. I've picked up many mults that weren't spotted on the Band
Map.

Kevan N4XL
Really?  for CW?  Then they are forgoing 99 percent of spots.

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at<http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.