[CQ-Contest] Radio Amateurs of Canada Winter Contest - December 18, 2021 00:00 to 23:59 UTC

Michael Adams mda at n1en.org
Wed Dec 15 09:24:07 EST 2021

However, using a skimmer, even a private-not-connected-to-the-spotting-network skimmer, still makes you assisted.   RAC rules consider SO(A) to be M/S.

Since I play for fun rather than competitiveness, I'm not inherently bothered by putting SO(A) and M/S in the same competitive class (it helps address the problem of too many categories giving rise to the "everyone's a winner" phenomenon, after all).  But I do have to question, given the rise of SO2R, whether it makes sense to impose the 10-minute band change rule on SO(A) ops.

When I submit logs to RAC contests, they're checklogs for this reason.  My primary goal when contesting is to maximize my fun, and having to pay attention to the band change timer detracts from my fun.

Michael Adams | mda at n1en.org