[CQ-Contest] Receiver adjustments in CW contest conditions

Pete Smith N4ZR pete.n4zr at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 11:56:04 EST 2021

I'm curious to know - except maybe on 160 or VHF, most of my receiving
problems in CW contests seem to come from QRM. When I'm contesting, I
find that the only RX controls I use on my K-3 are the main tuning or
(when running) RIT - this despite having DSP control to shift and narrow
my passband.  I just go with my 500-Hz filter and my ears.

So what do you do?  What have you found useful - again, not in
weak-signal situations, but in QRM.

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at<http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite