[CQ-Contest] Low Power Change to ARRL Contests

Bruce Horn bhorn at hornucopia.com
Sun Dec 26 23:56:26 EST 2021

Well, time flies! Bob, K6ZZ, and I as the CW and SSB NAQP managers, respectively, published a discussion of several administrative issues regarding the NAQPs in NCJ in 1999. One of those issues was whether the maximum power should be reduced to 100W. At that time we stated that we didn't think that was necessary. However, subsequent feedback from regular NAQP participants made it clear that the consensus was to make the change to the lower power. As a result the year 2000 rules specified the maximum output power as 100W, without the aid of an external amplifier.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn at hornucopia.com)