[CQ-Contest] QZB

Mike Smith VE9AA ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Wed Feb 24 13:09:13 EST 2021

A few months ago I *thought* I had invented a way to tell your 100%
zero-beat pileup to spread out in a non-split,

ie:normal contest situation.

I did some general searches for "QZB" yesterday and was quite surprised to
see the same basic thing suggested by Rick, K6VVA "The Locust" (why is he
called 'the locust' anyways?) ~10yrs ago back in Feb 2011, so I now don't
claim that I invented it.shucks...hey, whatever,  I had never heard tell of
it before---honest !...so now I am just PROMOTING IT.

I have added this to my signature on all my 3830 reports and to other places
I post, which are relative to contesting.

I did use it this past weekend maybe 20 times and aprox 3(?) times it
actually worked when being called by a swarm of weak dx stns all zero beat.
Maybe I was just lucky?

All it takes is one guy in 5, 10 or 20 callers to know what 'QZB' means and
he'll get through.  I actually had a near ESP dishwater weak 5W EU stn get
through on the vy first call as he was a mere 40Hz off the much louder QRO
pileup.

QZB:

Use "QZB" for your zero beat pileups which means, "you're all zero beat, pse
use ur XIT +/-"

CU (all of a sudden) in the next one.

Mike VE9AA

Keswick Ridge, NB