[CQ-Contest] QZB

Alan Higbie alan.higbie at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 19:12:38 EST 2021

K6VVA was nicknamed "The Locust" by Joe Reisert, W1JR (then WA6TGY or
W2HQL/6).

As a young, growing boy, Rick would visit Joe's house and raid his
refrigerator . . . eating everything in sight.  He went through it like a
locust.

Story recently told during interview with W1JR on QSOToday podcast.

https://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/f/c/3/fc3b181570b63065/Episode_333_Joe_Reisert_W1JR_Final.mp3?c_id=92097665&cs_id=92097665&expiration=1614218197&hwt=a627ce1ca8505624efbe3c6c7bf1c63e

73, Alan K0AV (ex: WA6PMK)