[CQ-Contest] Dayton Hamvention Cancels 2021 Show

David Siddall hhamwv at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 16:36:21 EST 2021

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the contest dinner and in the suites
in 2022.  Please stay safe in the meantime so that K1AR doesn't have to
read your name and call at the dinner....

73, Dave K3ZJ

https://hamvention.org

Unfortunately, several setbacks in the recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic
make necessary the difficult decision to cancel Hamvention 2021. Hundreds
of volunteers have been working to do everything necessary to bring this
Hamvention to the many amateur radio enthusiasts and vendors who support
the Dayton Hamvention.

Vaccine distribution both in the United States and around the world is
lagging behind what was planned. In addition, the emergence of a more
communicable form of the COVID-19 virus increases the potential for further
public health problems in the next few months. We make this difficult
decision for the safety of our guests and vendors.

Those who had their tickets, inside booths or flea market spaces deferred
last year will be deferred again. Those who purchased 2021 tickets, inside
booths or flea market spaces will also be deferred. If you desire a refund
instead please email tickets at hamvention.org and we will contact you.

Stay tuned for information about a QSO party for the 2021 Hamvention
weekend. We are looking forward to the 2022 Hamvention!!!

Executive Committee, Dayton Hamvention 2021