[CQ-Contest] Running by the numbers

rjairam at gmail.com rjairam at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 08:44:33 EDT 2021

Azimuth path means nothing if you’re using a dipole. A beam and tower is
for the rich (or for foreigners, same thing).

How would going by the numbers help you in your situation anyway? It’s
different than going by geographical areas. Going by numbers is about as
good as being a list lizard and having a DX “net.” At that point you might
as well include a DXCC certificate in a cereal box. No challenge.
Frustrates callers to no end. Takes 2x as long. INEFFICIENT. Yes, it is.

This is different than calling by geographical area (eg west coast, east
coast, Europe, Asia).

Just don’t do it! Unless your operating skills are so poor that you can’t
control a reasonable sized pileup, then, MAYBE go by the numbers.

A good op knows how to thin down the pile quickly and keep the pileup under
control.

Ria
N2RJ