[CQ-Contest] Funny/strange things heard in 'WPX

N4ZR n4zr at comcast.net
Tue Jun 1 16:17:42 EDT 2021

The rule says, "The portable prefix must be an authorized prefix of the
country/call area of operation."  It goes on, "KH6XXX operating from
Ohio must use an authorized prefix for the U.S. 8th district (/W8, /AD8,
etc.)".

Does this mean that my use of the callsign WR8AA from the third call
area without a /3 suffix will be disqualified? There were certainly few
to no US stations in WPX signing "/#"to denote their actual call area.
In fact, I logged exactly one in over 1100 QSOs.

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.