[CQ-Contest] You gotta let me know, should M/M Distributed stay or go.

Jeff Clarke ku8e at ku8e.com
Wed Jun 2 11:01:34 EDT 2021

With all due respect I don't know why CQ allowed this category in the
first place. IMO it was used to promote and get publicity for a remote
ham radio company. The owner of that company will argue that "I'm giving
youth contesters a chance to operate at big contest stations. I will
counter your argument that your company has 41 stations ( Remote DX - 13
, Premium DX - 25 stations and Youth - 3 stations) available to be
operated remotely. The WW1X operation only had three youth operators on
it's team. You could've let them operate as a single-op at one of your
other big station. I don't really see what allowing multiple stations in
zone 5, which stretches from ME to FL and has vastly different
propagation proves.

I think a remote operate like how ND7K and NR6O and others do it (every
remotes to one station) are here to stay. I think that's a good thing
because there's some technology involved to pull off an operation like
this.  I remember when I was younger and operated at some Multi-Multi's
the station owners family or wife would usually go away for the weekend
because their house was invaded by all these strangers. With a remote
operation to one station you don't have to deal with that anymore.

To those who did MM distributed congratulations you figured out the
technology to do it. Please CQ move on from this because you have much
bigger issues to address such as assisted vs non-assisted and other stuff.

Jeff