[CQ-Contest] Mk2R+ optocouplers

Kevan Nason knason00 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 21:24:12 EDT 2021

Dave, AB7E, wrote:

"It doesn't make sense to me to worry only about the
two higher speed positions, since if the LEDS are degrading the slower
positions are going to see the same problem soon after the higher speed
positions.  The only difference might be if the LEDS in the higher speed
positions are being driven significantly harder."

You know far more than me, Dave, but I thought the same thing and had
to ask about that too. Answer was the other five are all low speed
operation and that somehow made them not susceptible to failure like
the other two. From that I thought lower speed likely means lower heat
generation and therefore less problems. I bought extra optocouplers
just in case they go out too.

Kevan N4XL