[CQ-Contest] Fwd: TX CW “splatter” - context -contests

PHILIP ALLARDICE kt3y at aol.com
Fri Jun 11 12:42:49 EDT 2021

This post is my response to a thread on the Elecraft page, but it applies
to contesters. I am not a technical expert. Is it possible that “hot switching
of an amp” causes clicks? Or are there other drivers of CW spatter aside
from the well documented causes?  I am aware that some modern rigs
have adjustable waveforms to reduce clicks.

It took restraint to not identify repeat offenders, some of whom are
often near the top of the MM or SO listings.

Thanks and 73.

Begin forwarded message: