[CQ-Contest] Contesting and the FT8 Revolution

Stan Zawrotny k4sbz.stan at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 08:45:08 EDT 2021

Kostas,

>> They let their computer and
play 24 hours per day

You still don't understand FT8. Even if their computer is running 24 hrs a
day, WSJT-X will complete only one contact before requiring the operator to
reset  TX.

>>  If you don't need to improve the station, the antennas, to study and
learn propagation, to learn more, to increase your knowledge, etc... what
will be the interesting part to keep you in ham radio?

Apparently you haven't increased your knowledge and improved your station
to include the most up-to-date digital modes.

BTW, there is not much difference between running FT8 and running RTTY with
all its macros. I do both.

>> I don't think ft8 could be part of my contesting habits.

It's your choice to stay old-school. Please don't disparage those who are
trying to keep up with the times.

Stan, K4SBZ